Our Confirmation Process
Thank you for your interest in Stepping Stones’ Recreation & Leisure programs for people with disabilities. Your application is important to us and we work as swiftly as possible to enroll your loved one in our programs.
Program Registration Deadline
When applying for Recreation & Leisure programs, applications must be submitted three weeks prior to the program date.
Each application goes through a three-part enrollment process to verify the correct paperwork, funding and program space are available. If you wish to attend a program, please ensure Stepping Stones is in receipt of the registration paperwork three weeks before the service date.
Stepping Stones’ Confirmation Process
1. Registration Paperwork
To register for Recreation & Leisure programs, applicants must complete the annual Participant Application (available online or on paper) and Master Medical form. To ensure we have current information on file, these forms must be updated annually and expire one year from the received date.
If you have questions on enrollment paperwork, please contact Jeannie Ludwig in Client Services by phone at (513) 965-5108 or by email.
2. Funding Source
- Private or County: If paying privately or through a county, funding must be approved by our Billing Department. If you have questions, call (513) 965-5105. In 2017, Stepping Stones adopted a new private pay policy. Please read about changes, here.
- Ohio State Waiver: If paying with a state waiver, funding and paperwork must be secured.
- Funding: If you have questions on waiver funding, contact Waiver Accounting Specialist Nicole Allen at (513) 965-5107 or by email.
- Paperwork: Stepping Stones must have the current ISP and Behavior Plan (when applicable) on file. If you have questions, contact the Compliance Office at (513) 965-5100.
3. Program Placement
Lastly, the Rec & Leisure program coordinators and director will ensure there is space in the program to serve your participant.
- Rec & Leisure Director, Karen Martin
- (513) 965.3053
Once all necessary approvals are made, the applicant will be “Enrolled” in the program.
When enrolled, a Confirmation Packet will be sent via mail, including important information and program times. If it is very close to the program date, you will also receive an email or phone call to confirm enrollment and ensure you receive notice as quickly as possible.