Join the Summer Overnight Staycation Staff Team
Date posted: February 25, 2021
As we look forward to another Summer Overnight Staycation season, Stepping Stones is recruiting members to join our seasonal staff team!We are an impact organization that has been serving individuals with disabilities in Greater Cincinnati since 1963! Our Summer Overnight Staycation program invites teens and adults for an enriching 5-day retreat in a scenic and highly inclusive atmosphere. To lead and engage participants, we’re recruiting Overnight Camp Counselors to be part of our dynamic summer team!
As an Overnight Camp Counselor, you will be responsible for creating a memorable summer experience, promoting inclusion and leading participants in a variety of adaptive activities – including creative arts, sensory science and summer favorites like fishing and archery.
You will also develop a variety of skills on a daily basis, including:
- Time Management
- Problem Solving
- Conflict Resolution
We train everyone from all backgrounds on everything they need to know to perform their role well.
- Summer housing and all of your meals are provided
- In-person and online training, including certification in First Aid & CPR
- Positive and highly encouraging work environment in a scenic 47-acre setting
- Access to washing machines and dryers for on-site laundry
- Paid community service work
- The opportunity to develop leadership, conflict resolution and other professional development skills
- Staff appreciation events and activities throughout the summer season
- Flexible scheduling is available
- Friday evenings and Saturdays off
- Be at least 18 years of age, with high school diploma or GED preferred
- Ability to successfully complete all background check requirements
- Ability to successfully complete all online and in person training
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Availability to work June 1 through August 7, 2021