Join the Stepping Stones Volunteer Team!
More than 1,000 volunteers share their hands, hearts and talents with Stepping Stones every year! Individual and group volunteers support Stepping Stones’ mission to increase independence, improve lives and promote inclusion for children and adults with disabilities.
Do You Want to Change Lives, Change Your Outlook and Make a Difference by Giving Back to Others?If the answer is yes, there are many volunteer opportunities for you at Stepping Stones!
We offer a variety of programs throughout the year at four locations. Assist staff and participants in our programs or help beautify our grounds with a special maintenance project.
Stepping Stones welcomes volunteers age 13 and above in the following areas:
- During the school-year, volunteers are needed in our Saturday Club and Weekend Respite recreation programs.
- Summer Day Camp at our Given Campus (Indian Hill) and Overnight Staycation at Camp Allyn (Batavia).
- Our weekday Adult Day Services program welcomes volunteers to assist adults and seniors throughout the year.
- With four locations, Stepping Stones welcomes volunteers to help with various Maintenance Projects.
- Small and large group volunteer assignments are available in all areas.
Ready to Volunteer?In January 2019, Stepping Stones launched a new software to give volunteers direct access to registering for shifts, managing their schedule and tracking service hours through an online profile.
To get started, choose from the menu of volunteer opportunities listed below to help us direct you to a volunteer experience that best fits your interests.
Contact the Volunteer Coordinator by email.