Year-Round Job Openings
Stepping Stones has year-round job openings to help children, teens and adults with developmental disabilities build pathways to independence that improve their lives and enable them to more fully participate in their communities.
Stepping Stones is a nonprofit with four locations in Greater Cincinnati.
Browse year-round job openings below:
Development Marketing and Communications SpecialistThis position will provide support to all of the Development department’s fundraising campaigns, special events, stewardship, marketing and awareness efforts. Target audiences include current donors, new prospective donors, volunteers and corporate partners, among others.
This position will be responsible for planning, organizing and executing fundraising and external communications. This person is responsible for the planning and execution of a wide variety of print and digital marketing tactics to advance fundraising initiatives and the organization’s mission. Our ideal candidate will participate in creating new, effective and measurable channels for fundraising & marketing communications for development efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in development, marketing, communications, public relations, or related fields
- Knowledgeable about graphic design and ability to frequently create new pieces that will appeal to various stakeholders
- Talented writer with experience crafting and editing pieces that are clear and concise and that will make emotional connections for the reader
- Video editing and photography experience preferred
- Experience with e-marketing tools and systems
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent computer skills as it relates to essential function of the job
- Strong familiarity with social media
- Knowledge of Adobe software, WordPress, Constant Contact and Canva
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge is helpful, but not required
WORK LOCATION: Wooster Campus — 621 Wooster Pike, Terrace Park, OH 45174
COMPENSATION: $18 – 21 per hour, dependent on experience. Generous paid time off, 403B with employer contribution and dental, life and disability insurance at no cost to the employee. Low cost health and vision are also available as well as eligibility in tuition reimbursement and student loan forgiveness programs.
Direct Support Professional (Adult Day Services)Stepping Stones’ Adult Day Services program provides life-strengthening weekday programs for adults with developmental disabilities throughout the year. We are currently expanding our program staff team with full-time positions available at multiple locations.
As a member of our Adult Day Services Direct Care team, gain leadership skills while providing supervision and engaging participants throughout the program day. In this vital role, staff members deliver direct instruction in a variety of activities — including art, technology and wellness activities.
- Ability to successfully complete criminal background check
- Ability to multi-task and engage individuals within a group setting
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- History of excellent attendance and punctuality
- Understanding of developmental disabilities is beneficial, but not required
OPENINGS AT THREE LOCATIONS:
- Allyn Campus: 1414 Lake Allyn Road, Batavia, OH 45103
- Drex Campus: 2300 Drex Avenue, Norwood, OH 45212
- Parkcrest Campus: 3330 Parkcrest Lane, Cincinnati OH 45211
Educational Aide (Step Up)Under the direction of our Educational Services Director and licensed Intervention Specialist, Educational Aides work 1:1 with students of our Step Up Autism Alternative Education program. Assist students in navigating their studies, developing self-regulation skills, practicing self-care and building independence.
WORK HOURS: Weekdays, approximately 8:15 am – 3:00 pm
LOCATION: Given Campus at 5650 Given Road, Cincinnati, OH 45243
REQUIREMENTS: Ability to successfully complete background checks, high school diploma or GED, ability to successfully complete all required trainings, history of excellent attendance, current driver’s license and reliable transportation, the ability to lift up to 50 LBs.
COMPENSATION: Starting at $13.50 an hour with complete benefits package, including health, dental and life insurance; short and long-term disability, 403B, generous PTO, paid holidays and more.
Intervention Specialist (Step-Up)The Intervention Specialist is part of our Step-Up Autism Alternative Education program team.
Responsibilities include preparing lesson plans and coursework that follow curriculum guidelines set by local school districts and the Ohio Extended Learning Standards. Maintain classroom discipline, organization and structure while providing intervention as needed to meet student behavioral and emotional needs. Communicate professionally with parents, related service providers and school districts as well as assisting school psychologist with development of an ETR. Train and manage educational aides who are assisting in the classroom. Complete IEPs for all students and routine assessments to evaluate each student’s progress.
WORK HOURS: This is a full-time, year-round position working weekdays throughout the year
WORK LOCATION: Given Campus — 5650 Given Road, Cincinnati, OH 45243
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Special Education
- Current Intervention Specialist licensure from the State of Ohio
- Ability to develop meaningful lesson plans that support student goals and meet curriculum guidelines
- Ability to work closely with educational aides and other support staff
- Strong communication and leadership skills
COMPENSATION: Salaried position offering $35,000 – $50,000 annually, dependent on experience. Generous paid time off, 403B with employer contribution and dental, life and disability insurance at no cost to the employee. Low cost health and vision are also available as well as eligibility in tuition reimbursement and student loan forgiveness programs.