Seasonal Openings: School-Year
Stepping Stones has seasonal job openings in our weekend programs for children, teens and adults with developmental disabilities. We’re looking for creative and compassionate team members to engage participants in recreation activities and support them in building pathways to independence.
Are you looking for a weekend job throughout the school-year?
Join Our Weekend Creative Crew!
Weekend job openings are available throughout the school-year at our Allyn Campus in Batavia, Ohio. Learn more about current openings below and complete an online application, today!
Our Team:Our “creative crew” of counselors is an enthusiastic group of individuals who strive to make a difference! Some of our staff come from a background of special education, social work or therapeutic recreation. While others have little to no previous experience working with individuals with disabilities – and that’s okay! We will train you on everything you need to perform your role well.
Weekend Overnight Respite Counselor (Allyn Campus)
Engage teens and adults in a variety of seasonal recreation activities while supporting their needs! Weekend Respites begin on Friday evening and run through Sunday afternoon. During the weekend, our staff members lead and assist participants in activities at Stepping Stones’ 47-acre Camp Allyn location.
The property includes accessible sleeping lodges, hiking trails, lakes for fishing, a commercial kitchen, dining hall and more.
When Will You Be Working?
Stepping Stones is recruiting Respite staff members for the Spring 2021 – Spring 2022 season. Respites will occur an average of two weekends a month, with staff moving into Camp Allyn on a Friday afternoon and staying through the program’s end on Sunday afternoon.
- Housing and all of your weekend meals will be provided.
- Online and in-person training, including CPR and First Aid certification.
- An impactful way to spend your weekends, while earning extra money for expenses.
- Build your resume while gaining leadership experience that will help you navigate life.
- Position is paid on a weekend stipend of $200 per weekend.
- Must be age 18 or above with a high school diploma or GED.
- Must be able to successfully complete all required background checks.
- Must successfully complete all online and in-person training.
Address: 1414 Lake Allyn Road, Batavia, Ohio 45103
Saturday Club Counselor (Given Campus)Stepping Stones offers Saturday Kids and Saturday Young Adults Club throughout the fall, winter and spring seasons at our Given Campus in Indian Hill. These social programs provide youths and young adults the opportunity to socialize with their peers while enjoying seasonal activities and holiday celebrations.
As a Saturday Club counselor, you will lead activities for a group while ensuring safety in program. You’ll also be responsible for completing necessary paperwork and clean up assignments following program and providing personal care as needed for participants.
When Will You Be Working?
Saturday Clubs run every weekend through Fall 2021 before switching to biweekly in Winter and Spring 2022. Counselors are needed in both the 8:30 to 3:00 pm and 2:30 pm to 9:00 pm shifts.
- Online and in-person training, including CPR and First Aid certification
- An impactful way to spend your weekends while earning funds for expenses
- Saturday hours are great for students juggling studies on weekdays
- Opportunity to get field experience for those pursuing a major in special education, social work, therapeutic recreation or other related area
- Position is paid on a stipend of $53 per shift
- Must be age 16 or above, age 18 with a high school diploma or GED preferred
- Must be able to successfully complete all required background checks
- Must successfully complete all online and in-person training
ARE YOU A LICENSED NURSE? View openings on our nursing team, here.
No one should be denied employment, services or volunteer opportunities at Stepping Stones on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, disability, age or ancestry.