Summer Overnight Staycation Job Openings
Stepping Stones has summer job openings in our Overnight Staycation program at Camp Allyn in Batavia, Ohio.What is an Overnight Staycation?
Overnight Staycations welcome teens and adults with disabilities for adventurous six-day summer retreats. The program includes a variety of skill-building activities as well as favorites like swimming, archery, boating and fishing. In the evenings, everyone participates in game nights, cookouts, dances, talent shows and more.
Join Our Creative CrewStepping Stones is hiring enthusiastic individuals who strive to make a difference to join our Summer Overnight Staycation staff team!
Lead and engage participants in program activities while being a part of a positive and inclusive work environment.
Some team members come with a background in special education, social work or therapeutic recreation. Others have little to no previous experience working with individuals with disabilities — and that’s okay! We will gladly train you on everything you need to know to perform your role well.
When Will You Be Working?
The Overnight Staycation season kicks off in June and runs into August. During each Overnight session, program participants move into Camp Allyn on Sunday and check out Friday afternoon.
- Summer housing and all of your meals are provided
- An impactful way to spend your summer while earning extra money
- A great way to build your resume and earning letters of recommendation as well as experience to that will help you navigate life
- Staff appreciation events activities throughout the summer
- Additional Summer Bonuses
- Work at a scenic setting with 47 acres, lakes, hiking trails and more
Location: Camp Allyn — 1414 Lake Allyn Road, Batavia, OH 45103
Training Dates: June 22 – June 26, 2020 (Activity Specialists attend additional training.)
Work Dates: Program runs June 28 – August 14, 2020
Ready to Join the Creative Crew?Browse our current overnight summer job openings below and click the “Apply Now” button to complete your online application.
Summer Job Openings in the Overnight Staycation Program
Cabin Counselor:Responsible for building positive relationships with participants, providing personal care, planning and leading activities, completing paperwork, interactions with parents/caregivers and ensuring safety at all times.
Overnight Activity Specialist:Responsible for planning and leading activities in one or more program areas (i.e. sports, art, nature). Also responsible for adapting activities to meet the individual abilities of participants, assisting groups with care of campers and ensuring safety at all times. Must be age 18 or older.
- Must be age 18 or above with a high school diploma or GED
- Must be able to successfully complete all required background checks
- Must successfully complete all online an in-person training
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be available to work June 22 through August 14, 2020
Summer LifeguardsCamp Allyn has an outdoor swimming pool as well as three lakes for boating and fishing activities. Lifeguards are responsible for maintaining safety during all water activities.
Red Cross Lifeguarding, CPR & First Aid certifications are required. If you do not have a certification, Stepping Stones is willing to train the right candidate. Must be age 16 or above and a strong swimmer.