New Full-Time Job Opening for a Recreation Coordinator to Join Our Team
Date posted: October 28, 2021
Stepping Stones is pleased to announce a full-time job opening for a Recreation Coordinator to join our Rec & Leisure team!Every weekend throughout the school-year, Stepping Stones operates a variety of recreation programs for children, teens and adults with disabilities. These programs extend into the summer months as well where they take the form of day and overnight camps.
To help coordinate and facilitate programs for different age groups, we are looking for an experienced Recreation Coordinator to join our growing year-round team!
This role will support Stepping Stones in continuing to provide inclusive and safe program experiences for the individuals we are so fortunate to serve.
REQUIREMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field. CTRS or CPRP certification preferred, but not required
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in recreation/camp program development as well as in staff training and supervision
- Demonstrated experience in planning and facilitating programs while following established standards and best practices
- Responsible for developing and implementing age-appropriate activities that are adaptable to suit all abilities
- Create and foster a strong sense of teamwork and cooperation while providing assistance to seasonal and part-time program staff
- Must be highly motivated with detailed organizational skills and the ability to prioritize
- Must have strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- A current driver’s license is required as well as the ability to commute to various program locations
- Must be able to maintain certification in CPR & First Aid as well as Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI)
- Must have the ability to lift up to 75 LBs and squat/kneel on occasion as needed
- Full-time position with a starting salary of $35,000
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 403B with employer contribution
- Paid holidays
- Generous paid time off
- Eligibility in Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Forgiveness programs
HOW TO APPLY:Qualified applicants may apply for the Recreation Coordinator position by:
- Submitting resume and cover letter to Human Resources Director Rosemary Bauer at Rosemary.Bauer@SteppingStonesOhio.org
- Or, click here to complete an online application
Applications for the Recreation Coordinator that are received by Nov. 16, 2021 will be given preference in consideration, but we will continue accepting applications until the position is filled.