Financial Assistance FAQsStepping Stones is a nonprofit United Way partner agency providing year-round programs for people with disabilities. We have four program locations in Greater Cincinnati and proudly serve more than 1,000 individuals each year.
To support the programming needs of families, Stepping Stones is pleased to offer Financial Assistance of up to $500 annual in Recreation & Leisure programs.
All requests for financial aid are processed in chronological order once all necessary documentation is received. The level of aid is determined by family size and the annual income threshold.
How do I apply for Financial Assistance?*Financial Assistance is limited. Submit your application as early as possible as aid is available on a first come, first serve basis. Please allow 5-10 business days for the processing of your application.
- When completing Stepping Stones’ participant application, select the payment option “Applying for Financial Assistance”
- Once submitting your application, contact the Accounting Dept. at (513) 559-2442. To determine eligibility, Stepping Stones will need you to provide your family size and one of the following documents:
- Page 1 of tax return from the previous calendar year
- A recent pay stub
- Social Security Income (SSI) Determination Letter
Financial Assistance Policy:To serve as many families as possible, Stepping Stones has implemented a maximum financial assistance (cap) amount from May 1, 20xx – April 30, 20xx. This cap is renewable each year, in the order of request, as long as a family continues to file the appropriate paperwork and meet the financial aid requirements.
- Individual: Up to $500 of aid
- Family (2 or more): Up to $2,500 of aid
How Will I be Notified?
- You will be notified by mail upon application approval.
- The confirmation letter will be sent from our intake department.
- Note: Approval of Financial Assistance does not confirm program enrollment.
* Financial Assistance is granted for Recreation & Leisure programs only.
If you have any questions about Financial Assistance at Stepping Stones, please contact the Director of Finance Melissa Geis by email or call her office at (513) 559-2442.